“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

5/6

Querida familia,
Halllooo! Estoy animada para hablar con uds muy pronto ::))) I have letters for each of you on way to respond to your crazy exciting lives. Everything is going great. Time is winding down and I am ready to enter Babylon. Actually, I am terrified to teach real people in Spanish cause I am beyond inadequate. But I have learned this week especially how where I lack, the Spirit will fill in. I made a goal to never use notes in my lessons and to really teach to the investigators needs this week and it made SUCH a difference. We have a new teacher (AGAIN) Hno Koller and he is our progressive investigator. So he acts exactly like one of his converts Jonatón and never gives us feedback. We give him assignments and he may or may not them according to how strongly we challenged him, but more importantly how effectively the Spirit communicated with him. Anyway, it was AMAZING. The first lesson he brought up the death of his sister so we didn´t teach the first lesson at all with him. The Spirit directed us both in the same direction and the Spirit was so strong. I didn´t know that was possible in role playing but when I shared my experience with Dad and Rachel he and I were verging on tears. It was just really powerful and our lessons have improved a lot because we are being more receptive to the spirit. Occassionally I will totally blow it and my Spanish will be awful and so my focus is on myself and the Spirit isn´t as evident and I get really down on myself. So I was just like hating life and all that the every day cause I was screwing everything up and being snappy and then Hna Moulten could tell I was beating myself up, and literally started crying saying that she sees so much potential that I don´t. I once again had to be reminded to stop thinking about myself and my inadequacies. I really do love and appreciate that girl so much. We´ve had some problems in our zone with sisters lately. They are all AMAZING, but alot of girls having open crushed on boys, not observing residence rules, and one girl is just homesick and considering going home. So I am in the process of conducting interviews and I asked Hna Moutlon to be in on them cause she herself went through all of these things and has overcome each of them. It´s amazing how she improves every day and how much she is able to help out the other sisters. I feel super annoying be the uptight rule enforcer. I didn´t expect to be that person, but I have seen how many blessings come from following the rules with EXACTNESS. I really do LOVE the girls in our zone, though. I feel super blessed to have been surrounded by the most amazing people I have about ever met here. My favs are the cafeteria workers. Tawn, you would die. They are all adult workers with special needs and they are my bffs. They are the sweetest people I have ever met. One lady, Nora, probably about 60 years old gave me this beaded lizard she made last night. I love it. They make my day every single day. I feel like my thoughts are jumping all over the place. I never can remember my week until after I email so you´ll have to excuse my random thoughts. And incorrect grammar. I start feeling physical anxiety just thinking about emailing cause they have these large red numbers counting down every second and ahhh. So I got to be a host yesterday! It was cool cause I didn´t have the typical experience entering the MTC cause I was like 3 hours late. Chevre, I know. I didn´t get books or to go to my room or get a host. But I experienced it yesterday got to see them leave Babylon and enter the CCM. They were all super nervous and wanting to die and cry but they were awesome girls. And I got a cute Samoan. PS there are more polys than white people here and they are my BFFs (after the cafeteria workers). Oh no tengo tiempo pero LES AMO MUCHO!!!! I hope everything is superbien at home, I miss you oh so much sometimes I want to just run home. But really I do know I am supposed to be here. I was supposed to enter March 16th, going to dc. I really do know that. LOVE YOU BE SAFE N HAPPY!!!


Love,
Hermana Allen

PS thanks for the Easter stuff AGAIN we hid eggs at 650 in the morning and surprised our elders. They secretly loved it eventhough they´d never admit it. Love you so so so so your letters are coming promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment