“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

4/19

Oh haiiiii!

Super good week. Remember how Bear is pregnant!? AHHHH. What else is new in M town? I really want to know. If World War 3 started we would have no idea here. BRITT! Dis is importante- are you still here in Provo? I just got your letter and am super saddened by the fact that you couldn't drop those cookies off. Or that you didn't get my letter? THANK YOU though. You are da best!

SO time is finally feeling like it's flying. I am halfway done here in the CCM. It's weird cause you can't imagine life before or after here. I don't even really have much to say cause it's all kind of the same thing. I got letter from all 3 of you sisters yesterday and it was probably the best day thus far for that reason.

I can tell the Lord is trying to prepare me for the VC cause I can not, for the life of me, talk in front of people as you well know. Every Sunday we all have to prepare a talk (in Spanish of course) and you never know if you're going to get called. I assumed I wouldn't cause a whole district who had never spoken was leaving so I very poorly prepared one. Our last speaker spoke and they called me up and I was just saying words in Spanish I really don't think it made sense. Most people wouldn't care, but I am a harrible public speecher (remember that?). Then I had to teach a lesson. Then I had to read in front of the whole CCM. I don't do well with all dat.

My comp was sick this week so I had 2 days stuck in my room. You can't sleep nor leave. So I had some longgg study time. Also the BEST I have about ever had. It's weird how strongly you can feel the spirit while just alone in your room while your comp is asleep. But I felt like I re received my answer on how true the church is. I also have been thinking about dad alot lately and I was reading about the Spirit World and oh goodness I felt the Spirit testify so strongly of how real the Spirit World is and how it is here on earth. I think sometimes we forget how AMAZING that is

I have met some of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life here. Another story- an Elder lost his dad literally two days before he entered the MTC. And he still came very faithfuylly and prepared to serve. He just told me he just got baptised a year ago ish and left his football scholarship at USC (BIG deal) to serve a mission. This other elder got called 30 min from his home, called the MTC, they called him back and told him the lady was crying on the other side of the phone and said that the prophet personally brought up his call in the temple and said it was where he was supposed to be. Mission calls are truly from the Lord even if they aren't where we want or expect. YEAH. I JUST SAID THAT! Anyway so I lost all m y favs and am super sad about it. I lost my entire room except my comp. We got 2 comps this week and they are both gone. We lost two girls in my district. and now my favorite sisters (all from Japan!) just left today. They hardly know any english so every night we would have very broken conversations and they would teach me japanese and I would help them with English. I love how many different kinds of people here. Lots of Polys! I loove it. And my comp and I are getting along so well. We love eacu udder

Anyway please update me on sus vidas por favor! You have no idea how much I miss you all. I know I am supposed to be here and wow I didn't even realize how much my testimony was lacking until I realized how real it all is here. I love it. I love you all be safe and happyyyy!!!

PS I saw pics of Easter Pageant on lds.org and about lost it. I am super jealous.


PS TAWN I HAV LETR 4 U I LUV U:p

No comments:

Post a Comment