“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

3/29/2011

AHH I feel so stressed there is a little timer on the top of the page and I don't have very much time! Okay... so... HI! I miss you all so much you have nooo idea. Please update me on all your vidas.

This week was muy bien. I have had some pretty awesome lunch experiences. Random, I know. The first day I was here I had lunch with the MTC president, and someone was like "Do you realize who you are eating with?!" I didn't and I was embarrassed. But the cool one was Saturday I was invited to eat lunch with a general authority who was giving this nonmember business man from China a tour of the MTC. So I got my comp and we sat right next to him and got to kind of shard our testimony with this man. It was NEAT.

So typically int students don't have to teach their very first lesson in Spanish, but we had to with no notes or anything for like 45 min! It was a cool experience, but I stressed out. They tell us to teach by the spirit, but it's hard when you don't have the vocabulary for it. I can't wait for the day when I do (hopefully it comes). And we had to do one yesterday on the spot and she was asking all these hard questions! AH! But it still went well. Because of this I have wanted to work extra hard to prep for the lessons and practice my Spanish, but because my comp is having a hard time I have been inhibited. I love this girl to death I feel so fortunate to have a close friend as my companion, but I really struggled this week with all I wanted to accomplish and not seeing it get done.

So believe it or not, there are A LOT of cool girls here. Whoever said sister missionaries are typically strange and ugly are so wrong. My roommates are hilarious and beautiful and so fun. I get a cute letter or cookies like every night on my bed cause they're just too good. We stacked three bunkbeds on top of each other just because and are planning on taking the whole board of records this week! Hermana Thatcher: all time benchpress record. hermana Lewis all time push up, and yesterday I beat the sit up record. I just have to do it for an official to get it on da wall! It's girls records though so it's not hard to beat haha. So one girl I just met lost everything she had in Hurricane Katrina and got baptized recently and was called to JAPAN which "ironically" experienced a similar tragedy. And yesterday a girl (from Venezuela!) told me her conversion story and it's increible. I guess she and her grandma have this special thing about Pineapples and there is a lot to it but I don't have time. She even  has a birthmark in the shape of a pineapple? anyway so she said that when the missionaries asked her if she wanted to be baptized she said "nah it's not for me"- and then she asked the first fruit that came to their mind and they both said, "PINEAPPLES!" at the same exact time. And she felt the spirit testify of the truthfulness of the church and one year later here she is on a mission. there is more and it's cooler when she tells it, but I am out of time. It just reminded me why I am here :) Oh and she got baptized in DC! PS I made a couple goals and one of them is to never say a negative word about my mission again. Even though every singly person here is going foreign. But I can't even say I'm jealous! I also made a goal to read the whole BOM in English and Spanish before I leave. Vamos a ver!

I really do love it here. At times I will feel so exhausted and overwhelmed and momentarily think, "WHAT AM I DOING HERE!?" It's very brief. But I was totally reminded Sunday. We heard a talk from a member of the 70 who is a convert and watched the district videos which reminded me that eventually I am going to be working with REAL PEOPLE who are searching for truth. The spirit so strongly testified of the truthfulness of it all. It's so REAL suddenly and I just KNOW it more than I ever have. It helps that I have a teacher who is one of the three nephites or something. This fellow knows it all. EN SERIO. I have a book of quotes just from him because they are so inspired. I have learned a ton about the gopsel that I never even knew!? Super cool facts but I don't have time to write them down.

Have you been getting my letters familia? Britt you said you haven;t heard from me, but I sent you a letter??? NO SE. My roommate was sick today so I had a ton of time to write so you should be getting yo letters soon! I love you all so much please be happy and safe! I pray for you daily! 18 times! (really, I counted). En espanol! MWUAH! Love you!


Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment