“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

4/28

Familia!

Remember how Bear is pregggnannnnttt/??!!!  WHAT! Sorry for not writing Tuesday they changed my pday and our whole schedule. The MTC is experiencing some massive changes right now in scheduling and all that and we're caught right in the middle of it so this week has been very different. But good! Especially cause we have two apostles come in the past two weeks. Elder Scott and Oaks. It was amazing. Elder Scott bore a very powerful testimony of Christ that just solidified my testimony even more. I have learned a lot of interesting facts about the apostles and seeing them made it that much cooler. That being "special witnesses" REQUIRES a sure knowledge. And we know the scriptural definition of SURE knowledge. He said, "I don't believe Christ is a resurrected, glorified being. I KNOW it". It was intense. Then he very powerfully conferred upon us the gift of tongues. The cool thing about that was the next day I taught a lesson with no notes and it went really well! My Spanish was just coming out without me thinking and I've gotten to the point where I don't have to translate what I hear in my head or read in English to understand. Don't get me wrong, I have days where you would never think I have been here for so long cause my Spanish will sound so poor. It's sad. And sometimes I accidently teach falso doctrine in lessons when I misunderstand a question. But the gift of tongues really is REAL! We also got a new companion slash roommate from Bolivia and DC and she has helped a lot. However I have twice been asked my natives where my accent was coming from. In Bolivia you don't pronounce the letter S so I catch myself doing that sometimes.

We also got 3 other native sisters and two new districs so I have been spending my Wednesday and Thursday nights teaching them how to make good goals, have comp inventory and all that good stuff. It's so weird cause I remember when they came and taught me and I thought I would never get to that point, but now I am considered OLD? Weird.

I'm secretly relieved pag is over cause I was so sad every night when I would think that it was happing and I wasn't there. But I obviously know I am where I am supposed to be :)

I love you all and hope all is welllll. I really really super bad extremely lots and lots miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment