“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

4/12

I am just rapidly running out of time and I need to give you some quick updates... First off, I don't think I am allowed to talk on Mother's Day ::((( Don't worry though I get to call you when I leave for DC I think 23rd ish. I will let you know deets :) Mom, if you are sending me a package I was going to let you know you can send me the skirt even if it's not hemmed cause they have a place here that does it. But I want to tell you not to worry about sending me anything. You have been going through alot and I feel like I have been very high maintenance and I am so so sorry. I hope you are doing better? I pray for you all in every single prayer individually.

This week was super good A because the little surprise I received in an easter egg (PS every knew I was suspecting it so my whole district joined me to watch me open it and join in on the "BEAR'S HAVING A BABY" party.) Also I feel bad I was being super negative last week and I feel like I need to keep being reminded of how I should be acting. And this week I was reminded time and time again. When I have responsibility placed in my hands I feel more accountable and want to be better. So my apostle of a teacher interviewed me and we had the most enlightening conversation I have about ever experienced. He said he was really worried about my district and (I feel dumb saying it but it applies to my learning experience), but said I was the only one on the right track and challenged me to "establish Zion"starting with my district. He said the measure of my success as a missionary is dependent on how much success I help others achieve. So the moment I stop caring about my personal success is when I become successful because I am helping others. The whole losing yourself in the work thing really works. I have a longgg wayy to go though. It's hard cause as coordinating sister you are supposed to follow the rules with exactness and be an example for everyone, but my comp has a REALLY hard time with rules. So where is the balance between being a good comp and good missionary!? I don't know still to be honest. But with both of the responsibilities placed in my hands I feel motivated to be better. So I definitely had an attitude change this week. We gave lesson 2 this week to a native who spoke really fast Spanish and I struggled. He laughed at me during my prayer cause I couldn't pronounce his name :( ! Anyway I was so distressed about that and learned ONCE AGAIN that I wasa focusing too much on myself and my inadequacies. I can't focus on my investigator's if I am absorbed in my problems. It's sad I keep having to be reminded of that, but the next time I did lesson 2, I tried to follow the Spirit and the needs of my investigators and it went much better.

I have like one min I just wanted to say I love you all and hope everything is going wellll :) YOu are all da bessstttt!!! BEAR! BABY!!!! AHHHH. PS sorry for being high maintenance! I just was feeling un poco homesick jussss cause I love you all so much. But I realize for whatever reason every big event decided to happen while I was gone? For less than a month? So I understand you are all busy enjoying life :) MWUAH! LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment