“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Thursday, May 26, 2011

5/26

UMMMM

WOW I don't even know where to start. Primer dia en el campo misional! And tal vez one of the best in my life. I have not even been in the field a full day and you will not believe the miracles I have seen!

First off, I am SO sorry about not calling you Bear and Tonz in between flights. We were literally running cause our flight came in late and we barely made it. I kind of wanted to cry cause I had so many questions I wanted to ask you. I feel like I was just rambling about random details and I didn't get to hear about all the super exciting things going on in your life right now. SO sorry we will do it over letters for now I guess :( BUT talking to you all was the best/worst moment of my life cause I was so overjoyed and despues a little trunky. Also, you will not believe who I saw the moment I arrived at the VC? THE SOUTERS! YEAH. My face dropped I was so shocked and excited. Mother please call Julie and tell her A. what a BLESSING and TENDER MERCY it was to see them and that I will remember that moment forever! And B. I am so sorry I realized later I didn't even say hi to any of my wonderful Souter male family members. Maybe subconsciously I felt awkward and didn't know if I was allowed to hug them or what. But tell them I love them all and I am so sorry I was unable to stay and talk. I thought my mission pres was serious at first when he was giving me a hard time and later found out he wasn't.

K so WOW I don't even know where to start. Yesterday was amazing cause it was just a bunch of eating, sleeping, and playing ping pong and orientation. Just cause we had a red eye flight so we got to take it easy. Today we went to a temple session and even though we had to use the restroom so badly we stayed in the celestial room forever cause the spirit was so strong. And little do we know it was also because of a woman named Carolyn was waiting outside. Now I expected maybe 6 months in to be able to say "I KNOW I am supposed to be here to meet this person and wouldn't change my mission for an other place in the world," but had NO idea I would be able to say it the first day! So we walked outside the temple and bypass this German woman with her Islamic and Russian inlaws (EVERYONE here is foriegn) and we were like "uh huh, we need to go back and talk to her" so we walk all the way back and she was like, "I don't know what to do, I need to get inside this building cause God is trying to communicate with me that I need to receive revelation in this building. He wants to give me a gift (endowment perhaps?) that I can only receive in here. How can I do this?" My heart probably visibly leaped out of my chest. I was astounded. The rest of the conversation went similar to that. She looked into my eyes and said, "I have seen you before, I KNOW it" and then gave me the biggest hug and agreed very full heartedly to meet with the missionaries. We won't be able to teach her cause she is not in our area nor Spanish, but she is SO ready for it! Oh my goodness. AND (first offf I have the BEST comps en el mundo- they only let the best of the best train now a days and I really do have the best of the best)- she said "Did they pray before they put you three together? I feel a magnestism between you three and I know you are meant to be together! This REALLY happened! The only people I have talked to today accepted our commitments. First, at the referral center the man agreed to see the missionaries. Then, Carolyn. We invited a random man on the streets to come to the VC SAT for an exhibit and he said yes!! And just now, I stopped typing for about 10 min cause the man next to me asked me why we don't pray in the name of Christ. I told him we did and we would love to clear up some of his misconceptions and share more about the church and he said yes! Like, REALLY!? I feel like crying I am so overjoyed right now. I love it here and I wouldn't trade it for any mission in the whole world. PS this is for Stephanie, remember that blog we stalked before I left? She is one of my comps! Crazzyyy. They really are AMAZING I feel so fortunate. I know a lot of rejection and trials are ahead cause well, it's the mission, but in all honesty those moments today has made it all worth it already and I know miracles will continue to happen if we live worthily because God will place those that are prepared in our path. Ah I have to go... But please please be safe and write me and let me know how you are all doing. PS DC is the most BEAUTIFUL and GREEN place I have about ever seen. Especially the 40 acre forest around the temple! We got to go off alone and pray. That was an incredible experience on it's own. OH And we are about to invite the man at the front desk who loved that us gringas could speak spanish with him to church Sunday. We'll see how it goes. Lovw you all be safe and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment