“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, May 16, 2011

5/12/2011

Hola familia!!

First off, I hope you got your Mother's Day Card and all that and I am soo sorry if it didn't get there by Mother's Day. I actually haven't had a crying problem at all here cause we're always busy and the spirit is strong, but Mother's Day was hard for me and everytime someone said anything about mothers I started crying. I miss you so much. Especially cause the initial reason I wasn't going to go on a mission was cause I didn't want to leave my dear mudder alone and since the Lord made it known I should go I feel guilty a lot of the time for leaving you. (Sorry this part is directed towards mother)- But they started off relief society with "Don't feel guitly- serving a mission is the best Mothers Day gift you can give to your mother"- I cried and prayed and hoped that was true. Oh and THANK YOU so much for the package!! I just got it today!! I needed that sunrider. Some of the Latinos tried a packet of vita dophilus and said "Sabe como tierra" y yo dije, "Es la razon me lo encanta!" Thank you again you really are de best :)

Neil Anderson came Tuesday and gave a very powerful talk on the atonement and he specifically addressed those who have lost parents or siblings which was really cool and something I needed to hear. He told us how much more effective our teaching can be through these specific trials and how they prepared us to teach certain people. Which already appears to be true. Our progressive investigator that lost his sister just accepted baptism! And it might sound like, "Oh he is not real- NBD", but our teacher acts exactly like one of his converts and he happens to be the most stubborn and he makes it veryyyy difficult for all of the missionaries. It was funny how excited we got in the lesson when he said yes we started rambling about random cosas cause we just were too excited to think. Need to work on that. But missionary work became much more real to me this past week. One of our sisters in the zone just started packing her bags one night cause she was homesick and had ancidad. We went into her room and had an extremely cool slash triste experience with her. We were in there until 12 just testifying to her that we knew the Lord would assist her if she just moved forward in faith. Most of the girls and her whole district for that matter were crying cause we love her and already can see how much a mission can change her life, but more importantly the people in her mission. What was cool is we were all overwhelmed with this love for her that we knew was from God. I have heard stories where people feel this very strong love for someone they hardly know and it's cause the Lord is communicating to them through us. I neevr understood it until now, but we all felt it so strong. I felt it better to not overwhelm her and let her know we loved her no matter what and the Lord was proud of her for trying. Everyone was overwhelming her with this "Heavenly Father is disappointed in you" attitude and she ended up going home. I am at peace though that she will find other ways to serve and find happiness. I just felt the power of the spirit in the room and of God's love for her it was so like... tangible... I can't explain it. It got me so excited to find people in DC and feel that for them.

So today, specifically, has been crazy. My comp has been waiting for her Visa (she was supposed to leave over a month ago)- and they reassigned her like two hours ago to Ogden and she leaves at 7 AM! So everything is different now I will be a solo sister and have to change rooms and our pday has been prepping for that. I am super excited for her, but part of me feels like my husband is leaving me for another comp. It will feel super weird not to have her. I love her and am super excited for her, though. And by this time next week I will have started my VC training which I heard is beyond INCREDIBLE. Hermana Lewis (old comp de cuarto) would come back in tears at how strong she felt the spirit in trainging cause you work with real people.

Okay I am out of time. But you should let me know what all is new in MTOWN and the world for that matter. I heard Osama died and told one of the sisters and she was like strangely ecstatic. I guess she thought I said, "Obama died" and went and told a whole table full of people. But that is good news! And some Friday song? That's all I know. Seriously! I miss you all and hope everyone is doing wonderfully :) I CAN NOT WAIT TO TALK YOU ON THE 23RD!!! I should be getting my travel plans today so I think I will be able to let you know what time? LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH MWUAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment