“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, October 10, 2011

9/28/2011

FAMILLEE!!!

Oh how I miss you. WHAT IS HAPPENING!!?? What happened with Britt... I need to know ASAP!!! How huge is Bear? Is she about to pop? Tawn are you in school working? I don't even know! MOM what's new wif you? I miss you all soooo. So this week has been no less than interesting. You will never guess... Di la luz!!! Like da bear. I got a message from the mission president that says, "Sister Allen, it's President Matsumori (He is really great, but has a really deep american business man intimidating voice!) - If you have appointments Monday at 10, cancel em. I need an hour and a half with you. This was Saturday. So I didn't sleep Saturday nor Sunday. I was soo preoccupied every thought crossed my mind. "My whole family died and he wants to tell me in person" or "They are switching me to English program" - I had resorted that they were switching me to English. Turns out, I am training::)) I AM SO EXCITED :) BUT SO NERVOUS!!! I didn't expect it AT ALL cause I have 3 transfers and the first day of my mission the pres said that training is not a right in this mission. Not everyone will get to and it usually comes at the end. And I hope it doesn't sound like I am boasting cause obviously it's because the average mission age has lowered I just want to express what a SHOCK this was to me cause there were still some older sisters so I thought there was more time to like not know what I'm doing! But I know God qualifies whom He calls sooo let's hope I don't ruin her mission. But her name is Sister Shannon and she is the sweetest nicest girl from Utah so I am super excited. I have a feeling I will learn alot from her. Everything in the area is great we have 7 people on date so I just hope and pray that they can each overcome their duditas and seguir adelante. Quick milagrito. So we met a friend of Luis 2 transfers ago named Shadreck, who is IMPOSSIBLE. He was the most intense, degrading bible basher I had met. We saw him again last transfer and he made Sis Marcy cry cause he was so mean to her! And she, like me, doesn't cry. Like.. it was bad. But we still left him with the Book of Mormon and told him that he couldn't know  unless he read it. That a spiritual conviction would surpass any of his evidential claims. One day we were on our way to Luis' and we decided to pray that Shadreck wouldn't be there. Well God quickly chastened us and made His will known because he was there. BUT let me just testify to whoever might be reading this that the Book of Mormon changes lives. I have taken t his book for granted my entire life and I am finally IN LOVE with it. Anyway, but he looked us in the eyes and says, "I am SO sorry about last time. Iread this book and it is really beautiful. I want to hear what you have to say"- WHAT! Let me tell you, of all  miracles there is nothing more miraculous to me than to see a change of heart. Because I think that can be more difficult than even defying science or walking on water. Changing a heart is MIRACULOUS. SO he wasn't in the area and the elders started working with  him. I guess he already associates himself as a mormon and has given up a TON to move forward. So he came to the VC this past week and we gave him a tour and invited him to be baptized. He still is really rough on the edges and was like "I do thangs my own way!" - but I guess he had a dream have 2 noches that Luis (our struggling investiagor who is now the hard one) was stabbing him with a sword and Hermana Marcy and I were protecting him with our mujerdocio (haha apostate) so who knows really where this dream came from, but to him it was enough! So much more happened this week, but I am out of time. Just know I love you all and pray for you every second of every day. Please be happy and safe and so so happy all de tym. <3 <3 <3

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment