“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, October 10, 2011

10/05/2011




FAMILIA!

I thought the "forget your daughter/sister exists" comes after like a year not 6 months! But it's okay... I still love you. I am just worried. Just send me even a little email that says "we're alive" and I will be totally happy with that! Thanks:) And I don't know if you sent that package with the tape (so maybe I look for it every day cause I am so excited to hear your voices), but I am totally content with that for a time :) I just need to hear WHAT HAPPENED WITH BRITT, I am SO CURIOUS! ANd Luke is due like any week and I am so excited and want to hear how everything iz wif dat.
This week was good. I will be honest I am so overwhelmed! I just feel bad for my poor lil babe (I actually hate the mother/daughter lingo cause I find it degrading so I don't use it)- but I just am still really clueless about a lot of things. Our new DL added all these key indicator numbers that we have never counted before and it made me feel imcompetent that I didn't know what  they were and then Hna Shannon I bet was thinking "WOW why are they letting HER train" - JA. But it's okay. She is is like the SWEETEST and I really love her and we have lotz of fun and drink hot chocolate. Cause it's like 5 degrees. For real. It is so cold I can't bare it! And we still ride bikes in it! Today it was better though. But we don't have a heater so we always do our studies (when we get them) in like 5 blankets and huge jackets and gloves and beanies. I feel like CC and Hilary in Beaches. I hate to be a pain in this clearly hectic time, but if I have any long sleeve shirts or jackets or winter clothes laying around, can you send them to me? If not, that's fine. I  have a big jacket and they have some good winter coats here, but I need more to layer with is all. ANyway this week was good! Habia muchas investigadores that came to conference! It was INCREDIBLE to see how perfectly some of the talks applied to the investigators and how inspired it was that certain investigators came to certain sessions and needed to hear exactly what was spoken. They are truly inpired men! Benny and Shirley were like "I learned that we should refer to ourselves as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, not mormons" Yeah- they call themselves members, but won't get baptized! I actually think SHirley will be baptized in a couple of weeks. She is ready and has a solid testimony. We also had a miracle with the Sahonero familia. Sister missionaries have been working with this family for years and yearrrsss cause the wife is a less active. But they have never in any way progressed. They just are a really fun and nice family but never come to church or are willing to commit. We had a lesson and sister Shannon committed them to be baptized and they actually really pondered and very seriously looked us in the eyes and said "yes" - but of course we have the doubt to work through. He says, "when I get baptized my whole family will and my life will change, so it will take a while" Luis and Eliana came to the baptism this past weekend and were asking about baptism the whole time and are poco a poco overcoming their doubts. So this whole mission thing requires a TON of patience cause all of thesepeople are SO SOLID and READY but they have this silly little duditas it's so ridiculous. BUT. they will be baptized and SUPER solid members. NO DOUBT. We also found some super golden people to teach this week and the way we found them was miraculous! One we invited on the street to come to conference and he actually came! Unfortunately we were in VC so it was in English and I just had to translate for him.AND I am SO STOKED cause we are teaching a bunch of Brazilians! They are sweet and I am practicing portuguese. We have no problem communicating though (except for on the phone) when I speak Spanish and they speak Port so we'll see if I actually learn any. Anyway pray for them. By name. It works. PLEASE! You are all in my prayers I love you so. Please tell me how you are doing. LOVE YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment