“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, October 10, 2011

9/22/2011

Hola Familiaaaa!!! Les extrano muchisimo!!!!

How is everything? When do we know about Britt?!!!!!!!!! I am dying! When is Luke due? !!!!!! Tawn I am having a bunch of elders write you cause you are so pretty if that's ok. Mom how's VIDA!? I miss you all!

This week was good! SO craziest thing. This man named Johnathan came into the VC 2 weeks ago Sunday. He was GOLDEN. I took him on a temple "tour" (Although it's really a tour) He was crying cause he felt the spirit so strong and he just was glowing and said he wanted to meet with missionaries and get baptized. So yeah I was like wow that's great blah blah blah I will call you in two weeks to make sure the missionaries got to you. Well before I even got around to calling him we had the "Why I believe" program Sunday and there were hundreds of people there. And he gave the closing prayer (In french!) and said I got baptized two hours agO!!! What!!! He took less than two weeks to get baptized! HE is so golden and now we are like bff we were so excited to see each other after! It was so great!! OTHER AMAZING news... So Enrique (our recent convert (right before I got to GP)) the one that moved back to Peru? 17 years old? Remember him? So we would work with him every lesson to work on being examples to his family so they can follow his example and join the true church. And he said "No my dad is Jehova's witness and my mom is really strong Catholic, it's impossible" So it's only been like a month and we just got news that he just baptized his ENTIRE FAMILY!!!! AHHH!! Isn't that so beautiful!? It just makes me so happy cause I just love him so much! It made me feel better since things in our area are struggling. Eliana keeps moving her bdate cause a new doubt arises. This last week it was "I can't give up my virgin mary!" But she really is progressing. and we are just best friends. She is so much like mom I just want you to meet her! Sometimes she even holds my hand when we walk haha. Then Luis had a dream about counterfeited money and thinks that God wasd trying to tell him Joseph Smith isn't really a prophet. JA. Pray for him. He still is progressing as well though. Always comes to church and reads and has a testimony. He just has some things to work through. Beni and Shirley can't contact. BUT Steve we finally saw him and his family last night and (his mom is less active) and his dad and him both accepted baptismal dates for the 23rd of Oct (for Tawn and Britt's bday). Then we found 2 GOLDEN people this past week. Alex was a potential we checked on and we thought he wasn't home but as we were leaving he said "SISTERS!" and he was laying on his hammock and we taught him a whole lesson asi, and he just agreed with every single doctrine and said he would be baptized the 9th of Oct if he receives an answer that it is true. THEN another GOLDEN man named Emerson we just met on the street, and he was a missionary in his church for 6 years and agreed to come to the VC that night. He really did come and just ate it all up. He felt the spirit so strong and said that if the Book of Mormon agrees with the bible, it's the word of God, and if it's the word of God he better get baptized by the right authority found in this church- and is praying about Oct 16th. SO even though we are dealing with some pruebas, we also have some milagros! God compensates us for every loss. And I am aware that someone forgot to take out a part in my last emaillll that was not supposed to be therreee, BUT I am in the humbling process and realize I can not cast out the mote in my brother's eye and not recognize the beam in mine. SO things are good. Transfers are this week. I love the mission. Even though it's been freezing and raining and I have to ride my bike in it- I actually love it. It's like the realization of my DREAM! PS I had to speak again in the big theatre the other night and it was scary. I still don't love speaking. I love you all so so so much you have no idea. Some of the sisters were talking about how their desire to write their family has lessened, and although I admire their focused nature, I am not as good and I still just as much love you guys and get excited to hear from you. LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment