“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Thursday, February 2, 2012

01/26/2012

Mis queriddaaass, como les extranooo!

wut is noo? dats cool. Britt is in VEGAS again, time number 88. Is she ever not travelling? Your  lives are all to exciting. Mom, secretly I wish every week that you give me updates on the election, cause we are sooo blind to it all here and I am DYING to know! I just see tons of people coming in saying either, "I want to learn about the church to which the future president belongs" - or, "I just wanted to find out if all this dirt on Mitt Romney's religion is true" - that spark has actually brought in tons of people many of which have accepted missionaries. The other day I gave a tour and they said, "Really? THAT's what you believe? Those are all good things!" They were shocked at how off the ads about Romney were. How are babies coming? I always think that the pics sent the week before can't be beat in level of cuteness, but they just get better? and mas cuter? loveit.

This week has been swellish. Lots of miracles como siempre. They like really haven't ceased, as Mormon would say. Miguel, young man from Guatamala has a child recently divorced, really struggling comes into the VC the other day and says, "I came in at Christmas time and gave someone my information, but no one has come by, and I felt so much peace here I just had to come by and see how I can feel that more" - we got down his info again, turns out he lives in our area!! We teach him like every two days cause he just can't get enough of it. Everytime we are done with our appointments he just lingers and doesn't want to leave. He said he had a dream twice where he asks God where God wants him to be and what He wants him to do, and always waks up after. But he says when he reads the Book of Mormon, he KNOWS it's true and that is God's answer. SO COOL! He was alcoholic, and has stopped drinking. It's hard, but he just feels so good about it. He will be baptized da fifth :) It was cool we had Juan (recent convert) come teach with us, and it was so cool to see him switch from being an investigator to a member present:) He teaches so well, his testimony is so solid. I have decided I will send you some of Andrew's (the doctor from Spain?) words by email cause you wouldn't believe how passionate he is about the gospel and the Book of Mormon. He said his DEEPEST desire is to be baptized. He will be on the 5th but he goes to Columbia after. There was a woman at festival staring at the temple crying and her son expressed his desire to go inside, so they upperboxed. The other day I am going through my cards and I felt prompted to call them of everyone. Turns out they live in our area and we never received the info. We set up an appointment for that night and they are so golden!  I loove da Evangelio!!!!!! These people are all real people that just hunger for this. ugh, it's great. SO... kind of not so good news, Hermana Perez (mi compa that looks like Sylvia!) slipped on some black ice and broke her leg :/ she got surgery and now is back in our apartment. Pobrecita. She has alread 3 accidents this transfer. I am not going to lie, it's really hard. Pres told us to keep to our exact schedule and not change enything, but it is SO HARD. It takes a lonnng time to get her ready in the morning and we wake up several times to  help her to the bathroom or something. Anyway, I am not the one with the broken leg so I am not complaining, I just don't know how to both keep on the same exact schedule and also take care of her. But I love her she is great:) Okay well, I love you all please be so safe n happy alll da ttyymm

PS are you coming to get me?! I read mom say that!!!!! ahh! cool! LOVE YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment