“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/11/2012

Querida familia

How is urything? How are all the babes? I need more pics! They are my fav part every week! I am sooo pleased to hear about Mitt Romney! He is a hype oer here. People walk into the VC all the time wanting to learn more about the church cause the future President of the US is one of the mormons from the big white castle off the 495. Tawn are you really getting murried? Britt your babe is practically already here!!! AHH!!! And luke, I am in love. I will die when I actually meet him cause he already has my heart just by pics.

This week has been eventful. So first off, there was a man who came in during festival a couple of weeks ago who walked in and as "first greeter" you never really make conversation wit anyone cause you are just getting everyone through the doors and directing them away since it's so insane. But this man one night looked at me, walked away, and then came back super quick and immediately just grabbed my hands with tears in his eyes and he said "Your church is so beautiful. I have been wanting to come here for years and could never find it, but God lead me here tonight"- I obviously got his info had a good 20 sec conversation that was super intense. So lately I have been very stressed out cause I haven't been sure if the information is actually going through on the computer cause we haven't received any referrals in our area. SO I have been praying to know if the info is getting through cause it is literally impossible to call all 117 upperboxes and make sure the missionaries got there. It really stressed me out. But I went on exchanges all the way in Glenmont from Fri- Sat. And I was confirming appointments with all these people I didn't know for the next day when this man Luis says "Can we have our appointment at the VC? I would like to see Sis. Allen again..." I literally responded "Wait, who?" When we realized that we were talking to each other it was SUCH AN AMAZING MOMENT! Cause I was all the way in Glenmont! What are the odds of that!? So we set up the appointment in the VC. He came 30 min early cause he just loved the temple and how he felt. He literally already had tears in his eyes by the time we got there. He opened up and told us his whole life story and how everything was leading him to that point in the temple. He was an alcoholic and had struggled quite a bit. He was just lleno con gozo y paz when we were able to teachhim about Jesus Christ and how his life can be whole n all that. He accpted baptism right there and supposedly has been super solid since. It's just so cool to see how the Lord is SO aware of every single one of His children, exactly where they are in every moment. He knew I would be on exchanges to be able to teach Luis again and get that prayer answered, and his prayer answered to be able to come back to the temple where I could see him again. It's unreal the experiences that people have that literally lead THEM to the missionaries and to accept the gospel. And it is so cool when thy recognize every experience as a preparation for hearing the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We were teaching a man last night who said it was literally the night after he prayed for God to show him more that two sister missionaries walk up to share more. We are teaching a man named Freddy who was kidnapped in mexico trying to cross the border in that super danger notorious house where they kill everyone? Do you know what I am talking about? Anyway they recognize there ability to come to the states as the way God prepares for them to hear about the gospel. It's incredible! Ah! I am such a spoiled missionary. There are the coolest people in the world here. A man came into the VC 2 days ago and I was CERTAIN he was a member. He showed me his Ensign ap on his itouch told me his favorite apostles and why told me about all his favorite church books. Then, when I mentioned baptisms in the temple he said "oh so you can't do your own baptism in the temple? Dang I always imagined my baptism there!" I was soo taken back. I guess he became interested in the church 6 years ago and has been completely studying it on his own without missionaries stuck on what to do. SO I was able to get his info and send him the msisionaries. Like... really... I am so spoiled. People are so prepared here. Maybe God knew that I wouldn't be super great missionary and sent me already super prepared people. It's great. The miracles are endless. I got to speak for all the temple workers on Sunday and share some of the cool miracles. PS JUAN GOT BAPTIZED SUNDAY!!!! IT was fabulous. He was SO HAPPY and nervous is was precious, I want you to meet him you would LOVE him so much!

I love you all so so much. You are in every single one of my prayers and probably too many of my thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment