“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Thursday, February 2, 2012

02/01/2012

Familiaaa
I am deciding if you deserve an email since not ONE of you wrote me this week! Okay, already forgiven. Only cause your lives are super exciting and busy, if they were boring, no excuses. <333 uuuu. Hows the babes? Is Britt home yet? Is Tawnee married? Mom I had a dream about you last night, I loveth you
Today is TRANSFERS and after being in one area all but one transfer of my whole mission, I have been changed. It was a rough goodbye. My fav member Francis which you should be SO EXCITED to meet, made a slideshow and played a song on his guitar called "amiga del alma" - it was the sweetest thing ever. I miss my ward already... but I am going to Glenmont with Sis Quintanilla! She is El Salvadorean and I love her lotz. and get this, so remember the crazy story I told you about incredible man from Mexico, Luis who came into the VC with tears in his eyes saying the church was so beautiful? And so I gave his info to the missionaries and then happened to be on exchanges in Glenmont for the first appointment with him when he accepted baptism? And then how for some reason the first week he couldn't find the church for 2 hours so couldn't come and had to change his bdate to THIS WEEKEND!? And how he begged me to get permission to come, but I couldn't, but now I am actually in Glenont and can go to his BAPTISM SUNDAY!!!!?? Yeah, millagrrooo verdaddd? I was just about in tears when we got our callouts and I realized I would be at his baptism. He has such a special place in my heart there really just aren't words.  I can't wait for you to meet him. I also got the best message I have received in my life yesterday. As I was packing we were listening to our messages on speaker, then we heard ANDRES (the Doctor from Spain- upper box from festival)- say "Hermana Allen, I borrowed this phone from a friend because I had to tell you the great news, they are letting me get baptized tomorrow, and I have never been happier in my life. " Both of our jaws dropped and then we screamed cried a little because he is just soooo elect and such a good person I can't explain how happy I am for him. He is only here in DC temporally (hence, no car nor phone) until he leaves to Columbia  to do another service research thing there and he is taking a 2 hour bus trip to come to the VC and say bye and see the temple as the newest member of the church:) You can not believe how golden this man is. He always prays for you guys and asks about my family soo much. He wants to meet you one day. Anyway, it's been a miracle filled week. Miguel came to a baptism on Sunday and said, "I'm next!" - it's so hard to leave him. It's so cool to see people who have just been hungering for the truth, but not knowing where to find it and then BAM they see the castle off the 495 and feel the spirit and know that's their answer. tawnee will love this story. A woman 2 days ago from HAITI came into the VC and said, "I've been meaning to come into here for a long time"- we play the Christus in french for her and then Sister FInaly tells her about the restoration. She was in tears after listening to the Christus and shared that she just the night before had a dream with that exact statue, and she knows this where Christ wants her to be. She also shared a story about a painting of people in a boat crossing the seas. Sis Finlay showed her the picture in the Book of Mormon of Lehi and his families crossing to the Americas and she said, "That's it!" - right then and there she accepted Baptism. I had no idea so many prepared people in the world were out there? Ahh I love being a missionary! So I love you alllll 4ever. write me plz

Hermana Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment