“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, August 29, 2011

8/4/11

SORRY- I know this one is out of order- looks like I missed a few:

8/4/11 
 Hola familia!!!

HI HI HI!!! WoW so many crazy thigns going back on home, but it makes me so happy you guys are being so blessed and have such happy exciting lives! A little jealous..just saying...

I will respond to each of your questions and exciting stories in your letter home today because I have ALOT to say about several things in your email and especially about SOME PICTURES I got of a little FRIEND in the mail!!! ::))))))

Also I can not believe that about Leesa! What a miracle that she is okay. I will pray and fast for her, please send her my love.


I have like 10 min. This week was great, very trying but great. This area is a lot harder. It's nicer so there are less latinos and the ones we do find are a little more hard hearted. BUT we still saw miracles. Yesterday LUIS finally accepted baptismal date for the 7th! And he is serious he didn't want to accept a date until he knew all the commandments and made sure he could keep them and stay strong. Still pray for him though. And we seriously are teaching the cutest old man ever named Alonzo. It's interesting to see how God really prepares these people in different ways. Alonzo was in an accident and in a coma for like 2 months and just recently woke up from it. His near death experience really prepared him and our first real lesson with him he accepted a baptismal date for the 7th!! He seems soo legit too. We called him like 10 min before church Sunday and he was like "YEAH I will come how do I get there!?" He dropped everything right then and came in his regular clothes and just soaked it all in. You know someone is legit if they come to church because people, even if they accept baptismal dates, have a really hard time coming to church for some reason! It can be so frustrating! So Britt, YOUR FRAN IS LEGITIMIA. K get this.. we went to visit Brenda (who it seems her family wil not let her get baptized on the 31st :( ) and there was a man named Carlos working there and he became our investigator. But when I called him he texted and said he would be out of town for 2 weeks. I jokingly said to my comps "OH perfect, 2 weeks of church there (required to baptized) will you get baptized the day you get back?" They told me actually to send it and I thought it was ridiculous, but I invited  him to be baptized via text message. I was so stressed about it. He called and left the SWEETEST message ever and was just like "I had to call you and thank you personally for that message. I would really like to talk to you about that" We are both trying to get a hold of each other since then and haven't been able to. Ijust think  it is so interesting where missionary work is going technologically. We get THE MOST PREPARED people vchat and incoming calls. You would  just cry talking to these people. I had a girl call yesterday who just reads the Book of Mormon for fun and didn't understand the three Kingdoms of Glory. Of course I explained and invited her to meet with the missionaries and she was so excited and was like "OF COURSE!"- I had someone call and ask if tI could make sure the missionaries get to his house THAT VERY NIGHT cause he believes everything. And I talked to another guy who called a year ago caus he watched a DVD and believed everything and no one ever came so he called again cause he wants to be aptized. It's seriously the coolest experience ever. We have some new investigators via chat as well from all over the world that are SO READY!!! I wish I could just tell you all about every single person I have been able to talk to... My eyes have been so opened to how many people really are ready. I am kind of ashamed at my past self for not talking with certain people.

Dayna and beep and ector- I loveth you! Beep I wrote you!! Did you not get it?! I write again k luv u luv u- Dayna n ector i wrote youask mom about it (wink emoticon)

Love you all hope all is well!!!

 
Another one from 8/4
oh my familia... there is SO MANY exciting things going on back at home I can't take it all in. You are supposed to sit around until I get home and have all these exciting things happen when I get home!!! No I am the most happy for all of you and will write each of individual letters of joy cause I need to hear details of all this craziness Matt coming home and Andrew and all that fun stuff too. Let me know how dat goes!

SO this week was much better than last until the last two days. Ivon got baptized Sunday!!! it was soooo bonito he had such a light in his face! Then I got a phone call at the VC of a woman from Mozambique that I have been working with on the phone and is just INCREDIBLE. She is a genius nurse but can't get a job and is like dying of poverty. Her husband literally slipped on a banana peel at work and died and she was stuck in an elevator for three days this past weekend. I was concerned that all the adversity would weaken her faith, but NO. She called me to let me know she is getting baptized Sunday and she is SO HAPPY! It was so great :) We found a huge houseful of latinos that we are working with and they are SO GREAT. Straight from Bolivia and this BEAUTIFUL 15 year old girl Shirley accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of August and they are simply GOLDEN! We had a lot of miracles with people calling us and asking if they could come have a lesson at the VC which is very rare for them to come to you. Mainly these jovenes that everyone was like "stop talking to the jovenes they aren't worth your time!" Well, along those lines. But one accepted a bdate and these young boys were calling us cause they wanted to learn more! And then Luis told us their facebook status said, "Just went to church for the first time in mfe" - haha dey loved it. Then the past two days were kinda horrible and I wanted to cry to find out Luis has an issue that we have to work out before he can be baptized. I have been so depressed about it cause he was FOR SURE getting baptized Sunday. We were filling out his baptismal record when he told us. So that was hard. But I know like Pres Monson encourages us to face discouragement with cheerfulness and triumph with humility. He is just so great and I have grown to love him so it's hard to see. And we just have had A LOT of people bail on our appointments the last couple days. It's really frustrating.It's just hard when you are willing to miss your meals and work SO HARD and to face so much rejection.
But asi es la vida de la mision! I know better than to complain. We see so many miracles as well so I feel blessed :)

Well I am out of time. I love you all so much and maybe I am a bad missionary and think about you all the time. Someone even had to tell me I wasn't focused enough cause I dream about you guys. Sorry I just kinda like you.. k BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment