“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, August 29, 2011

8/18 again

Hola familia!!! Sooo my prayers were answered an I am staying in Garret Park!!! I am so excited because this is area is actually really challenging so we worked sooooo hard this past transfer and dealt wh a lot of discouragement, but it paid off cause we currently have 6 really sold baptismal dates which is really rare for this area so I did NOT want to leave my pepes cause I love them so so much. AND I got the best comp ever! Her name is Hermana Marcy and we were in the MTC at the same time so just really have a lot of the same goals and mindsets. I had noooo idea missionary work was so controled by differing opinions and it can really impede the work. But she is super hard working so I am excited. And she actually likes to run with me in the morning to the temple in the forest and then she made me chocolate chip pancakes this morning!? I feel like on errand of angels when she has that super awesomecomp. The only thing is we are both young (mission young) and now the pressure is on that I have to know everything. I have to be able to understand every word of the lessons. I have to know every person in the ward and their schedules and how to navigate the entire area (cause I stayed and she came to me)- and I mess up... it's not just that I do poorly on a test,but someone's SALVATION is at stake! It's a huge burden just cause I am still learning. BUT I am excited and up for the challenge. So I have no time, but I will share a couple of quick miracles...

So this might be really weird, but since I have noticed that specific prayers are actually like.. answered.. I pray for really specific things. And its can't be like "bless Luis will get baptized" cause even God can't take away a person's agency. So I pray for experiences that I know they will use to agency to choose to be baptized. So I have been praying for our investigators to have dreams, because latinos always act on their dreams. So this past week one of our SOLID bdates shirley was impossible to get a hold of. We called like 3 times a day and stopped by their house and we knew they were avoiding us which was devastating cause they were sooo golden. Then Sunday we all freaked out when her mom answered the phone... but only to reject us very coldly and hang up. We wanted to cry. And then we get a message like 5 min before church that said "come get me for church I'lbe waiting outside"- then she told us that she had had a dream that her friend came to her and said "you need to go to church" and she remembered that after she hung up on us. So her and her daughter came to all of church nd then we gave them a tour at the visitor's center and they both very willingly accepted bdates for the 4th and we went to a baptism with them and the whole time were saying, "Oh I want these treats at my baptisms, oh I want her  play the violin at my baptism"- it seriously was soo miraculous! And then Luis had pretty much the same exact dream as the tree of life. We showed him and related it to baptism and since he is freaking out about falling after his baptism (next week!) we were able to comfort him in showing him how the people were able to stay on track by holding to the rod, or the word of God. Since then he has been reading like 5 chapters a day in the scriptures even though he is super busy. It's just super miraculous to see how A. God cares for each of His children, B. answers specific prayers and... I actually have to go... LOVE YOU ALL SO  MUCH KEEP HAVING REALLY AWESOME LIVES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment