“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Monday, August 29, 2011

8/18/2011

oh my familia... there is SO MANY exciting things going on back at home I can't take it all in. You are supposed to sit around until I get home and have all these exciting things happen when I get home!!! No I am the most happy for all of you and will write each of individual letters of joy cause I need to hear details of all this craziness Matt coming home and Andrew and all that fun stuff too. Let me know how dat goes!

SO this week was much better than last until the last two days. Ivon got baptized Sunday!!! it was soooo bonito he had such a light in his face! Then I got a phone call at the VC of a woman from Mozambique that I have been working with on the phone and is just INCREDIBLE. She is a genius nurse but can't get a job and is like dying of poverty. Her husband literally slipped on a banana peel at work and died and she was stuck in an elevator for three days this past weekend. I was concerned that all the adversity would weaken her faith, but NO. She called me to let me know she is getting baptized Sunday and she is SO HAPPY! It was so great :) We found a huge houseful of latinos that we are working with and they are SO GREAT. Straight from Bolivia and this BEAUTIFUL 15 year old girl Shirley accepted a baptismal date for the 21st of August and they are simply GOLDEN! We had a lot of miracles with people calling us and asking if they could come have a lesson at the VC which is very rare for them to come to you. Mainly these jovenes that everyone was like "stop talking to the jovenes they aren't worth your time!" Well, along those lines. But one accepted a bdate and these young boys were calling us cause they wanted to learn more! And then Luis told us their facebook status said, "Just went to church for the first time in mfe" - haha dey loved it. Then the past two days were kinda horrible and I wanted to cry to find out Luis has an issue that we have to work out before he can be baptized. I have been so depressed about it cause he was FOR SURE getting baptized Sunday. We were filling out his baptismal record when he told us. So that was hard. But I know like Pres Monson encourages us to face discouragement with cheerfulness and triumph with humility. He is just so great and I have grown to love him so it's hard to see. And we just have had A LOT of people bail on our appointments the last couple days. It's really frustrating.It's just hard when you are willing to miss your meals and work SO HARD and to face so much rejection.
But asi es la vida de la mision! I know better than to complain. We see so many miracles as well so I feel blessed :)

Well I am out of time. I love you all so much and maybe I am a bad missionary and think about you all the time. Someone even had to tell me I wasn't focused enough cause I dream about you guys. Sorry I just kinda like you.. k BYE

No comments:

Post a Comment