“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/27

HI FAMILIA!!!!

Is Tawn still in Haiti? I need to know! I heard baby baby today and I wanted to cry cause I miss my sister and I get nervous that she is in Haiti. So tell her I say... hi. I want to hear every detail about her experience

This week was.. honestly probably my hardest thus far. Really good, but wow... this area is rough. I don't know what could possibly happen to make an entire area so challenging! We had nearly every single appointment bail on us and we ride our bikes in the heat for quite a while to get there. Then of course we have backups and check on others. We had several people agree to meet with us, only to find out they are not in our area, or they are more comfortable with English, or whatever reason that we don't get to be the ones who teach them. And Alonzo, who is supposed to get baptized next SUnday is like MIA! I am so confused what is happening with the poor old man. I mean, he was just in a coma so is partially justified. But he'll be like "YEAH I'll come to church! 15 min before and doesn't come? Or yeah come over! And isn't there?- Just pray for him. He has a such a good heart and he wasn't even doubting getting baptized! BUT of course there is beautiful opposition in all things and that was very evident this week. Even those most everyone bailed on us, there is always the miracle in the day. The person that says "Pasen! (come in)" before you even introduce yourself. That actually happened a few times this past week and we found some great people. And my fav miracle of the week. One woman said "pasen" before we even said anything and we taught her all about the restoration of the church. And so we invited her 8 yr old son to read a scripture and she started to say that he can't, but he read anyways PERFECTLY. First off, it was SO dark in the room I could only recite memorized scirptures cause I couldn't read. So her jaw was dropped and she was in awe and said that he can't read at all without his glasses, and that he can't read in Spanish. She said "I know you are sent from God" and agreed to be baptized on the 14th of August! It was SO miraculous! Oh and her answer when we invited her to be baptized wasn't "mmm... tal vez" or "Si Dios quiere" (very common)- but "Claro!" which is like obviously! That made the strenous week vale la pena. Also when we went over the baptismal interview questions with Luis. AH FUE BONITA! He is SO ready and he is excited. We still meet with him like every two days and he works like all the time, but prefers to use his rest time studying and with us preparing for his baptism. I just want you to meet him so bad. I also had another amazing experience in the VC with a family from Mexico that came in and spent hours there cause they loved it so much and they ALL (they all live seperartely) very willingly upperboxed (agreed to meet with the missionaries) and will all get baptized no doubt. And they all just kept thanking me in the most sincere tone and wanted to get pictures of us together. One thing I actually do love about the VC is that you get to have your own investigators (that's actually new)- we teach alone and get to call them and teach them over the phone. It sounds selfish, but I love having people that are like MY PEOPLE that yuou don't have to share. Okay that sounds bad. you just have some really cool experiences at the VC teaching alone. Anyway, I love you all and have to go. Please update me on all yo vidas!

No comments:

Post a Comment