“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

6/15 letter

I am writing you today!! I love you!
Use dis one: So I can never decide which milagros I want to share cause there are always so manY!!!! I do need to add though that these don't come without opposition. I probably make it sound like everyone says YES. Well in reality every latino pretty much says yes to meeting with the missionaries. But they are realllyyy hard to get a hold of and they often don't show up to out appointments. But EVERY TIME we find someone else to teach and have AMAZING experience. I still stress out that I can't keep track of everyone we need to be teaching cause the field is SO WHITE here there are so many people who are prepared. It's so GREAT!!! Yesterday was beautiful cause my fav man, Jose, accepted a bdate for July 3rd. He's SOOO LEGIT I wish you could meet him! Tawn you would love him, he is this old, old cute man who just has SO much faith! And he can't read and every time we pray he asks for our help and it's SO CUTE to hear him pray. He was the man that came in on Maria's blessing and was like, "these men have the authority of God, I can tell." We met some REALLY GOLDEN people this week at their doorstep and taught them the whole first lesson right there. One is Diego. We were on our way to check on his cousins and had the wrong house so we went up and talked to him and he was even more receptive than his cousins. He accepted a condition invitation to be baptised. The others we met last night, Marcos and Alex. Alex said, "I listen to every person that preaches the word of God, cause I am seeking for something more. God has something better"- as you can imagine he was SO RECEPTIVE so we taught him the first lesson and prayed with him right there on the stairs to his apt. We are now teaching an English class to the Latinos that will help in finding. It's small now, but I think it will grow. And yesterday at the VC the missionaries came in and asked me to give a tour about baptism on the spot to their investigator. I still am not super familiar with the resources and this was a legit tour that I had no time to prepare for. But itwas INCREDIBLE! I was awful (for real), but he felt the spirit so strong, and seriously one of the most beautiful things about being on a mission is hearing how people describe how the spirit communicates with them. Because it really is different for every person. He just kept saying "No puedo explicar" "I can't explain what I am feeling, so much alegria en mi corazone" The spirit was TAN FUERTE!!! He had tears in his eyes and accepted a bdate for the 3rd of July. Another man was just like "I get chills all over my body. I have never felt this before"- One we're trying to do now is talk about what the spirit feels like before we teach a lesson. Cause a lot of people don't realize they are receiving their answer. Jaime has been waiting on the road to demascus cause he doesn't realize he has received his answer! So sadly, he is not getting baptised this Sunday. BUT, he actually is the most ready I have ever seen him. He came to church with his whole family Sunday and went with us to a baptism that night. He has the most REAL light in his eyes that I haven't seen in him yet. He finally says he WANTS to be baptized he just needs time. We're extending another date for him tonight. Pray that he will feel ready for Sunday. I can;t describe how INCREDIBLE it felt to see him walk in with his whooole family and the change in his countenance.. It's UNREAL. Saul is doing well.. his new bdate is in 2 weeks. PRAY FOR HIM PLEASE. He wants this SO BAD!!! He is sooo addicted it's so hard. We are trying to understand very minimally what he is going through by not intaking ANY sugar. And I hate my life. So I can;t imagine how hard it is for him. But 1 Cor 10:13. It's possible and he knows that and is siguiendo adelante en fe. So here is a cool little miracle. So we called this woman Maria who agreed to meet with us so we were going to plan a cita. A kid answered and we asked for Maria and she had not a clue who we were. She was like, "I really do not remember meeting you, but I met with missionaries a long time ago and they never came back and I wanted to learn more, so please send the missionaries (she was out of our area)" - Come to find out I called the WRONG NUMBER it was only ONE NUMBER OFF and it happened to be a MARIA!!! Crazy right!? Okay well no tengo tiempo mas. Sorry me emails are so scattered I am typing so fast cause time is limited. But it would be reallyyy cooolll if you could write me and let me know how everything is going cause I am curious. I love you allso so much. Sometimes I miss you lotzznlotz all the time. PS we're learning a little Portuguese to teach a Brazilian!! (we don't have port in our area)-

No comments:

Post a Comment