“The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and dependent till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, until the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the Great Jehovah will say, THE WORK IS DONE

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

6/22

First off... IS TAWN IN HAITI??!! Family... I have only been gone 3 total months and I hardly hear from you and it's freaking me out like something is going on...COME ON!!! so please can someone just write even a five word letter and tell me where on earth Tawnee is... and what else is going on so I can rest my mind and focus on the work. THANKS :)

 My time is limited, but this week was great. I learned a great deal about opposition. I was feeling horrible' this week cause I felt like all of our bdates were falling through. I thought Saul had given up and Jaime is going to Mexico for like a month and I didn'texhibit any faith in him. I was humbled and needed the humbling. I prayed very sincerely one night and just about cried cause I want this so bad for them and they have been faltering. The words that came to mind were simple, "Be still and know that I am God"- and I was reminded of a scripture our disctrict leader shared with us just reminding us that this is not OUR work. God doesn't NEED us, we are simply His instruments. He knows what He is doing. Next day, we met with Saul and he said, "I am ready to be baptised this Sunday!" We all acted calm and started screaming in joy the moment we entered the car. Jaime, we took to the VC yesterday and we had the most INCREIBLE experience ever. He is like... super tough. and the moment he heard the prophet speak, tears just filled his eyes and he said he KNOWS this is true. The only thing stopping him from getting baptized is that he wants to get baptized with his whole family. His mother of his children (not wife, or gf?) on the other hand is not ready. We walked him up to the temple. It was late at night and we were in a thunderstorm and we said, "We want you to pray and ask God right now if He wants you to get baptized this Sunday before you leave to Mexico"- he usually is very reluctant, but he agreed very sincerely and we left. We have yet to know his response, but we expect he'll get baptized Sunday. And all our other Bdates are SUPER SOLID. within the next 2 or 3 weeks they should all be getting baptized :) I can't even describe the joy it brings me! It's like being in love but better!!! Cause we're feeling a more immense love that God has for them. We have found some AMAZING investigators this week as well! Thing are so crazy we don't make time for meals and just pray someone will give us food and they always do! (PS if you pray for things on the mish- THEY HAPPEN- it's almost uncanny) That was blasphemy- prayer always works. Just the specificity of things you can pray for here and the frequency at which they actually occur.... it just blows my mind. Anyway so one of the women we met, Yesenia, we met on the street. I had the weirdest feeling when I met her and usually like to be friendly and BRT first with them, but I immediately started asking her like deep questions and testifying pretty boldly which is unlike me so quickly and we all walked away confused. Cause she SEEMED really flakey. She said she didn't have a phone and didn't know her address so we just left her with our number. We couldn't figure out why we all felt so good about her! Next day we had VC shift and she called us FIVE times on different phones. NO ONE ever calls US FIRST. And it already happened one other time this week! Moral of story is she is golden and I will let you know what happens with her and Antonio (the other guy who called us first)- I also did exchanges this week and I am doing them again on Saturday! This means I go to a completely different area with a different comp. It was amazing this past time. I went with sis Humbert from Germany and we went to an appointment who wasn't there, but of course his grandmother happens to be knocking on the door so we talk to her instead. She immediately started crying to us and said, " I REALLY NEED TO TURN MY LIFE AROUND" she was SO great!!! We taught her the whole first lesson right there and said, "Can we pray together?" Naturally we said yes and she just poured her soul out Ps when you are a missionary people tell you EVERYTHING. They open up right when you meet them and tell you their deepest secrets. Anyway it was great and she is so excited to learn more. Unfortunately I am not in her area and don't get to see her progression. We also had another appointment fall through and it was POURING rain (it rains all the time) so we were stuck in this complex, knocked the door and she was crying and invited us in and IS GOLDEN. Dang I want to finnish the stories but I am out of time.

Today was crazy we went to the white house to take our tour and there was some incident and we couldn't go so we go next week.s but bama was there and there was all these police cars. crazy. So we went to this museum and met alex boye!!! And he told us crazy things and I  have to go but I love you bye write me!!!

Okay sorry this is confusing I don't have time to finish I type 2 fst luv u so bye

No comments:

Post a Comment